EEG Technician Salary and Schooling
EEG technicians are skilled workers who are trained in monitoring breath rate and performing other functions. Becoming an EEG technician needs some educational requirements to be fulfilled.
We’ve quickly listed some schools if you want to get more information.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Health Information Management
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College Online. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor's degree programs for careers in the business, medical, legal, and computer technology fields. Our programs offer hands-on education and classroom discussions.
- Pharmacy Technology, Associates Degree
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Healthcare Technology - Associate of Occupational Science
- Surgical Technology - Associate of Occupational Science
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Surgical Technology - Associate's
- High school diploma is compulsory and some associate degrees related to this field can enhance the chances of getting employment as soon as possible.
- EEG technicians also have to obtain training at hospitals or at private offices of physicians. Many colleges and health institutions offer EEG technician programs.
- After gaining three years of experience you will be allowed to sit for testing through the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic technician.
- These all education requirements must be fulfilled in order to become EEG technician.
EEG Technician Salary 2011:
EEG tech salary depends on his qualification, experience and the location of the company in which he is working as different salary levels are paid in different states.
- Hourly Wages:
The minimum EEG technician salary is $9.94, the maximum salary is $30 and the average salary varies from $13.49 to $19.90 per hour.
- Annual Wages:
The minimum salary earned is $34,000, the maximum salary is $55,000 and the average salary is $41,000 per year.
Tenure needed to obtain Minimum Wage level:
You can excel in this field at a faster rate by obtaining education and vast amount of experience. People who enter the field with quality training and education and people who give great importance to their job end up obtaining heavy wages in very short period of time.
What Does EEG Technician Do?
EEG technicians are competent workers who are trained in using medical diagnostic machine, known as electroencephalograph. They help doctors to diagnose different medical conditions such as tumors and head injuries.
They also perform testing on patients who are in comma to identify brain related health issues.
The technician gathers and record complete medical history of the patient. They have to maintain EEG equipments and schedule the appointments of the patient. They even have to report the doctors about their findings.