EEG Technician Salary and Schooling
EEG technicians are skilled workers who are trained in monitoring breath rate and performing other functions. Becoming an EEG technician needs some educational requirements to be fulfilled.
We’ve quickly listed some schools if you want to get more information.
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Surgical Technology - Associate's
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Health Information Technology
- High school diploma is compulsory and some associate degrees related to this field can enhance the chances of getting employment as soon as possible.
- EEG technicians also have to obtain training at hospitals or at private offices of physicians. Many colleges and health institutions offer EEG technician programs.
- After gaining three years of experience you will be allowed to sit for testing through the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic technician.
- These all education requirements must be fulfilled in order to become EEG technician.
EEG Technician Salary 2011:
EEG tech salary depends on his qualification, experience and the location of the company in which he is working as different salary levels are paid in different states.
- Hourly Wages:
The minimum EEG technician salary is $9.94, the maximum salary is $30 and the average salary varies from $13.49 to $19.90 per hour.
- Annual Wages:
The minimum salary earned is $34,000, the maximum salary is $55,000 and the average salary is $41,000 per year.
Tenure needed to obtain Minimum Wage level:
You can excel in this field at a faster rate by obtaining education and vast amount of experience. People who enter the field with quality training and education and people who give great importance to their job end up obtaining heavy wages in very short period of time.
What Does EEG Technician Do?
EEG technicians are competent workers who are trained in using medical diagnostic machine, known as electroencephalograph. They help doctors to diagnose different medical conditions such as tumors and head injuries.
They also perform testing on patients who are in comma to identify brain related health issues.
The technician gathers and record complete medical history of the patient. They have to maintain EEG equipments and schedule the appointments of the patient. They even have to report the doctors about their findings.