EKG Technician School Requirements
To become an EKG tech you will need certification. Vocational, trade and online schools offer such programs that allow you to become an EKG technician and earn a quality salary.
We’ve quickly listed some schools if you want to get more information.
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Surgical Technology - Associate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Sterile Processing Technology
EKG Technician Salary
Before you select Ekg Technician as your career you need to determine the salary, qualifications and training for this job. The Ekg Technician salary is as follows:
- The minimum hourly and yearly Ekg Tech Salary is $9.73/hour and $20,431/year and the overtimes and bonus paid is $2.06/hour and $0.69/year.
- The maximum hourly and yearly Ekg Technician Salary 2011 is $18.91/hour and $40,922/year and the overtimes and bonus paid is $27.70/hour and $1,184/year.
- The average salary paid to this tech is $24,000 annually.
How long will it take to earn maximum salary?
The time period it usually takes to the highest level of salary depends on your qualification, training and experience. The more you are qualified, trained and experience, the speed to excel is faster. If you start from the ground up it will take a longer time period to advance. With education and training you could reach maximum pay quicker.
You at least need to complete your high school diploma to obtain a job as a Ekg Technician. You do not need to get a degrees and/or certifications to obtain a job in this field, once you get hired by such service providers you will gain knowledge and training at the same time while performing your job.
You can gain training in formal settings through schools and community collages and under go 8 to 16 weeks of training. According to US government, the number of people employed as these techs will accelerate by 24% by 2018. So there are several job opportunities that you can benefit from.
Duties of Ekg Technician
EKG tech is the short form for electrocardiographic technician; their work is to administer tests on patient’s heart with the aid of electric transferred by this organ. They have to attach electrodes on various parts of human body and print out a result of the test so the physician can further analyze the test and determine the health issue faced by the patient.