HVAC Technician Salary
The HVAC Technician Salary varies in different states. The knowledge and expertise play a vital role in determining salary of an HVAC Technician. The more experienced you are the more you will earn from this profession.
Normally, a HVAC Technician certificate is required to be eligible to do this job. But the requirement of this certification is confined to some states only. Most of the states require no certificate rather they rely on experience and skills the person has.
Min, Max and Average Salary Range
- The average hourly HVAC Technician Salary 2011 is $15 to $20. Annually, this average wage is around $30,000-$32,000. The average salary is subject to change every year since more and more skilled workers are now getting into this field.
- Minimum HVAC Technician Salary is $ 12 per hour. The minimum overtime rate is $18 per hour.
- If we consider the annual wage, then the minimum wage comes out to be $27,000 per year. This is the salary offered to HVAC Technician at entry level with no or very little experience. The minimum bonus offered is $100.
- The maximum per hour HVAC Tech Salary is $ 29. Maximum over time rate per hour is $ 44.
- The maximum salary for HVAC Technicians is $68,000 per year and they are also offered a bonus of $4848.
Time Period needed to excel to Maximum salary level
It is not kids play to reach the maximum salary level as an HVAC Technician. You have to undergo many training sessions to achieve this goal. Experience in this field is much more important than education. Better skills and a positive attitude towards work will take you to the highest spot in quick time.
HVAC Technicians have to work with heating and cooling systems. The job is not a tough one by any means but it requires good amount of dedication and interest. HVAC Technicians install new units, repair and maintain the existing ones and plan heating and cooling systems according to commercial and domestic needs.