Medical Lab Technician Salary
A Medical Lab Technician can work in various industries including: surgical and medical hospitals, diagnostic and medical labs, Physician’s office and educational institutes.
The most number of technicians are employed in the industry of medical and surgical hospitals. The most number of techs are employed in the state of California with $15,000+ employees. The state that pays the most to these techs is Rohde Island and they are paying $59,510 to these techs.
According to BLS, to get a job as Medical Lab Technician you do not need to have formal training but higher chances of employment are given to those who have certifications of associate degree.
- Medical Lab Technician Salary for entry level jobs is $24,210 per year.
- The hourly salary paid to the entry level techs is $11.64.
- The over time paid to these techs is $15.05 and the bonus is $69.53.
- Average Medical Lab Tech Salary for is $36,280 per year.
- The hourly average salary to techs is $17.44.
- Medical Lab Technician Salary 2011 for advanced level jobs is $56,040 per year.
- The hourly salary paid to the advanced level techs is $26.94.
- The over time paid to these techs is $34.17 and the bonus is $2,029.
Required Time to earn Advanced Level Salary
To obtain advanced level salary you have to give good amount of years to your job. You have to gain experience in the field and learn about every technical detail of the job. The faster you learn the job the faster you excel to the advanced salary level.
Those who take more time in becoming an expert of this job, require more time to speed to advanced salary level. Keep increasing your KSAs as that will help you increase your salary.
Duties of Medical Lab Technician
The job of med lab techs is to examine bodily fluids such as blood and other components of body such as cells, bacteria and chemical level to create a report that will further help in diagnosing the patient. They have to determine the blood type before transfusion and make sure that the reports created are of high quality and dependable.