Ophthalmic Technician Salary
Qualification required doing the job
- The Ophthalmic Technician Salary depends largely on the education level and experience you have and it also depends upon the state you are working in. The need of qualified Ophthalmic Technicians is everywhere but the wage rate differs from state to state.
- A high school diploma is required as a minimum qualification for this job. Interested students must take science subject at the school level. Two years of college with majors as science subjects is helpful in finding you a high paying position as an Ophthalmic Technician.
The average salary 2011 of Ophthalmic Tech Salary is around $ 25,000-27,000 per year. This is just to give you an idea about how much you can earn from this job. Mostly, Ophthalmic Technicians are making more than $30,000. With time and experience, this wage keeps on increasing and the key to obtain increases is to be patient and stick to your job.
- Ophthalmic Technician Minimum Salary
The minimum hourly Ophthalmic Technician Salary 2011 is $10.48 and minimum over time rate is $ 13.54 per hour. Annually, the entry level Ophthalmic Technicians earn $22,000 as a bare minimum along with $99 as bonus.
- Ophthalmic Technician Maximum Salary
The maximum salary for a qualified and experienced Ophthalmic Technician is $20.15 per hour and for over time they get $28 per hour. Per year, the maximum salary is $ 44,000 and the bonus offered is $ 1526.
- Time period employed to obtain Maximum Salary
It is not an easy task to earn maximum salary as an Ophthalmic Technician. You must have several years of experience and skills to reach this level. You must also have high school certificate with science majors. Without education and experience, it is impossible to earn maximum salary in this profession.
Ophthalmic Technicians generally work in clinics and hospitals. They may well opt for private practice. Ophthalmic Technicians are responsible for treatment of any sort of eye disease to the patient. They must be able to examine the eye properly and diagnose and treat the problem in quick time.