Refrigeration technician salary:
Refrigeration technicians are not the general technicians, they acquire special education to learn about the minute details related to repairing, maintenance of refrigerators.
They use different theories and practices for troubleshooting purpose if a particular part or entire system is not working properly. Some of the technicians specialize in one or more of related areas. this opens new opportunities for them in the field.
Refrigeration technician needs training of about 6 to 24 months depending on area of specialization and has to pass through different levels of specialization.
Training can be acquired from both online and off-line training programs. Their pay scale depends on level of their job. Responsibilities also increase with increase in job level.
- 1. Entry level, non-certified refrigeration technician salary 2011 is $25,000 per year
- Certified refrigeration tech salary is about $30,000 to $55,000 a year.
- Some engineers earn up to $72,000 as they have ample amount of experience in this field.
- 4. Their hourly salary count is $12.50 to $14.20 while some experienced technician get $33.75 to $ 39.25 per hour and they mostly work 40 hours a week.
- 5. Average Refrigeration technician salary is about $50,000 to $60,000 or more in certain areas of U.S. In other states such as: Alaska, New Jersey, New York salary levels are quite high.
Time Period Required to Obtain Maximum Salary:
If you enter the field with certification, you are paid more than the entry level techs who do not have certification. Certified people are able to reach the maximum salary level in less time than the un-certified techs.
Refrigeration technicians offer many services to the masses including: repairing, maintenance of refrigerators and other related services.
They have the responsibilities of inspection and testing of refrigerators, testing of electrical circuit to ensure proper functionality of the refrigerators, they have the duty to check the whole system to assure that repair is completed and the system is working perfectly after repairs.