If you are lucky enough to get an interview with a company be sure to plan a head.
Here are 10 tips for when you head into an interview.
- Practice the interview with a friend. Have them ask you made up questions and answer them for practice. Here is a list of questions you can practice with.
- Often times a boss will ask, “What do you know about our company?”. Have a prepared answer ready to go.
- Dress professionally – First impressions are vital.
- Remember and use the interviewers name when talking with them.
- Have a pad and pen so you can take notes if you need to.
- Show up on time. On time means 5 or even 10 minutes early.
- Relax and do not talk to fast.
- Bring a nice portfolio with a copy of your resume.
- Try to relate what you know about the company into the answers of the questions.
- Follow up with them the following day.
The Follow up is easy. Start with a thank you note. You can even have this pre-written and drop it in the mail right after the interview is done. Thank them for the interview and reiterate your interest in the position.
A follow up phone call a few days later thanking them for the opportunity and letting them know your are excited about the opportunity to work their is a great idea as well.
Good luck at your next interview!